Refresh your salon décor on a budget with these budget-friendly updates.
Are you itching to update your salon interior but don’t have the budget or the time for a complete renovation? Often, making a series of small changes can give your salon a mini facelift that generates buzz among staff and loyal clients. For a boost of fresh ideas and inspo, we’ve scoured Pinterest for some of our favourite salon décor ideas you can achieve for $100 or less.
1. One of the simplest ways to give your salon a refresh is to update your throw cushions. A modern pattern, pop of colour or some fun texture adds a little fresh flair without breaking the budget. See some of our favourites that are perfectly on-trend.
2. Add a unique runner to your entryway for a little creative flair. We’re loving this beach print water-absorbent runner for modern white salons or a nail bar specializing in beach-ready pedicures.
3. Create a gallery wall that stylists and hair lovers will adore. We love the uniqueness of this vintage gallery of retro blow dryers, vanity mirrors and brushes. Vintage markets or antique stores are great places to your gallery wall treasures. If you’re looking for more of a photo or art-based gallery wall, see this article to discover how to get the perfect balance.
4. Add a pop of life and colour to your salon with some green plants on retail shelves or displays. Just be sure to appoint someone to water and trim them as needed! Can’t commit to that much plant care? Try hanging succulent terrariums instead.
5. Upcycle a character piece like this repurposed knife block for your gorgeous shears and incorporate other pieces for the rest of your tools.
6. Create a device charging station for clients by placing a convenient basket near an outlet. They’ll love the convenience and you’ll get them away from their phones for a little bit to form a stronger connection.
7. End appointments with a compliment for guests on their way out. This cheeky mat will have them smiling as they step out, which will only make your gorgeous work appear even better.
8. Use chic wall decals, which are low-cost and easily removable to create an accent wall for your next décor update. Scour Etsy for even more options.
9. Design a new display for your retail using second-hand coffee tables halved, stacked and mounted to a wall for stability. Tip: Carefully select tables with similar lines but that aren’t the exact same for a more eclectic, care-free feel.
10. SPLURGE: Put a twist on fresh flowers with fun wig vases. At $315 a piece, these vases are a splurge outside of our $100 target, but we think they’re well worth it for the memorable statement they’ll make in your salon. Play around with in-season flowers and greenery for a different style every week and make them part of your salon’s social media strategy.