1. Get your creative out. Sure you love being behind the chair every day, but this is you chance to channel your inner artist, do things a little differently and really let your creativity shine!
2. Take a shot. From the photographer to the fashion stylist working on a photo shoot is an experience unlike working in the salon. Ever think about working in editorial or commercial hairstyling? This is a great way to get a taste for that line of work.
3. The Fan Favourite award! No judges, just your friends, family and fellow stylists rooting for your collection to be the winner.
4. Gain a new perspective. Creating award-winning photography takes a refined eye for detail, one that requires you to look at your work from diffenent angles, while realizing that the judges will only see one. Sounds easy, but this can be a challenge for many entrants, finding that angle that showcases their work best.
5. Enjoy a night on the town. Network with industry professionals, stylists, colourists and media from across the country.
6. Be part of a team. Nothing like learning from others and on set you’ll get a crash-course in how makeup, fashion and hair can work (or not) together to create a unique look and feel.
7. Get published. If your collection wins, it will be featured in an issue of Salon Magazine and on SalonMagazine.ca.
8. Get inspired by the beauty of other professionals. Seeing your work among the ranks of equally creative beauty professional will no doubt encourage you to push your creative boundaries a little further.
9. Extend your range and learn where you can go as a hairstylist. Always felt you had a flair for avante garde styling? Then this is your chance to explore and challenge your hairstyling skills beyond what you do with your clients.
10. To win the most prestigious award in Canadian hairstyling.