The holidays are right around the corner and you may be getting last-minute requests from your clients for holiday hairstyles. So, without further ado, here’s some #hairinspo courtesy of Sam Villa ArTeam Member, Anna Peters, to get your creative juices flowing.
Holiday Hair How-To:
- Use Redken Iron Shape 11 to prep and protect the hair. Mist evenly throughout hair and then comb through. Using the Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand 1” in the wand form, begin taking 1” sections and wrap around the barrel leaving out a little bit of ends. Once hot, remove iron and pin curl in place. Let it cool and continue all over the head.
- Take a circle section encompassing the crown of the head and leave out a 2” section around front hairline. Gather section and secure at center back with elastic, while pinching and pulling through crown to create texture and volume.
- Use the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron to create massive volume and texture at the base of the hairline and around crown by compressing iron at the first inch or two of the root area.
- Take Redken Powder Grip 03 and puff onto roots and down section of hairline and around the crown.
- Create a deep side part in the front hairline and then a large and loose, 3-strand braid following the hairline down and around crown to center back. Pin to secure. At center back, pick up another larger section of hair from under elastic and create another large and loose, attached, 3-strand braid following crown and back up to opposite side of front hairline. Finish braid all the way to the ends and secure with pin. Place below the first braid, tucking ends under.
- Pull braid apart gently to create fullness and pull out some strands to frame the face.
(Credits: Hair: Sam Villa ArTeam, Makeup: Nicole Schimel, Styling: Brittany Hart, Photo: Katie Parker, Model/Nausheen Ahmed)
Comments are closed.