The arrival of summer signals not just a lighter and brighter season in styles and colour, but a time to update skills and education to soar ahead into another profitable year. Cosmoprof North America will once again offer the industry’s latest and greatest in Las Vegas during PBA Beauty Week (July 13 to 16) and to help you plan your visit, we’ve listed show highlights you don’t want to miss.
1. On July 14, the one-day regional salon summit hosted by the Professional Beauty Association will feature inspiring speakers on getting businesses out of the comfort zone, how to build effective social media strategies, leadership best practices and insight on legislative issues concerning the beauty industry. Register online at probeauty.org/rss2013.
2. At PBA’s business forum and keynote address, hear media and business tycoon Arianna Huffington (pictured) speak. Huffington is a successful entrepreneur and business leader, twice-named as part of the world’s 100 most influential people by TIME magazine. She has triumphed over the odds in business, politics and the media world, and will demonstrate to professionals how to thrive in the face of adversity.
3. Don’t miss the City of Hope reception, which recognizes outstanding philanthropic achievement in the industry. This year, Reuben Carranza, North American CEO of Wella will receive the Spirit of Life award for his work raising funds towards diabetes research. For details and tickets, visit cityofhope.org/npsi.
4. Speaking of big entrances, Mario Lopez will host the North American Hairstyling Awards gala. Lopez is also the PBA 2013 Beautiful Humanitarian Award recipient.
5. Find the latest manufacturers and beauty brands that are making waves in the Discover Beauty 2013 lineup, which includes African Botanics, Greenland, Jenetiqa, Manuka Doctor, Marilou Bio, MDSolarSciences, Million Dollar Hair, Mirabella, Moliabal, Skin&Co Roma, True Girl and VitaMan.
For more details, visit probeauty.org
Image courtesy of PBA