It’s that time of year again. Thinking of your Contessa entries? Of course you are! From entry forms to a photographer list and editorial shooting advice, you’ll find what you need in our Contessa section. Here’s why we think Maritimers should enter this year:
1) You can incorporate fisherman’s hats as accessories in your collections—shall we call it avant-garde? Get inspired, and browse our Avant Garde finalists’ galleries.
2) Maybe we’ll serve lobster at the gala…but if you’re sick of it, we won’t be offeded if you pass. You can just sit back and enjoy the live segments.
3) Take the chance to climb out of your snow drifts and experience what Torontonians call “winter.” Odds are you won’t need a toque, so rock a Contessa-worthy hairstyle.
Elite Master Hairstylist Finalist: Hair: Silas Tsang; Makeup: Lan Nyugen-Grealis; Photos: John Rawson
4) YOU get to be the “come from aways,” and explore the 416. Visit some Toronto salons, and rub shoulders with other Contessa nominees!
Avant Garde Finalist: Hair: Ivy Tatlock; Makeup: Aaron Wazlovki; Photos: Benjamin Kwan
5) Make sure to pack your dancing shoes because there’s always an after-party!
Want to see how the Contessa Awards come together or give us a sneak peek behind-the-scenes at your photo shoot? Hashtag #Contessa2017 and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get in on all the action.