Are your clients in search of the perfect summer hairstyle but aren’t prepared to make a colourful commitment? This simple and care-free celebrity-inspired look may be just what they need.
With Coachella in full swing, it means festival season is officially among us and your clients will be turning to you for festival hair ideas.
This modern take on a Farrah Fawcett-inspired hairstyle, was created by Anna Peters and the Sam Villa ArTeam.
Here’s how to get the look:
How-To: Farrah Fawcett-Inspired Festival Hair
1. Use Redken Iron 11 to prep dry hair and add heat protection and style longevity. Mist by working in horizontal 1” deep sections throughout the hair and comb through.
2. Use the Sam Villa Signature Series Tail Comb to weave through a horizontal section as if creating a heavy highlight. Take highlighted pieces and work the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron gently through compressing down on section. Finish entire head.
3. Create a large triangle section with the top of the triangle at the high point of head and drop diagonally down to the outside corner of each eye.
4. In a triangle section, mist with Redken Iron Shape 11 to dampen hair, add heat protection and hold and then divide triangle in half horizontally. Taking the bottom section first, place the Sam Villa Light Professional Ionic Blow Dryer and Sam Villa Signature 1.5 Thermal Styling Brush at the base on top of the section. Direct the hair down and roll back up onto itself with the blow dryer following the brush heating up the hair. Continue in the same motion with the top section. This will direct the front hair to sweep down and away from the face.
5. Use the Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand 1” in the wand mode, wrap various sections of hair around iron, making sure to move them all back and away from the face.
6. Take an arched circle section above the ear and hold directing hair out horizontally from head. Place wand vertically at the base of section, directing hair around barrel of iron towards face. Slide wand up and down till the hair is thoroughly heated. Use Sam Villa Dry Sectioning Clips to avoid dents in the hair and clip section so that it is being held up away from the face. Cool and set.
7. Take a 2” section from behind the ear and create a fishtail braid all the way down the section. Pull out sections to loosen braid and secure with an elastic.
8. Use Redken Wind Blown 05 to spray hair and scrunch with hands at the ends.
9. Before removing clips, spray Redken Triple Take 32 for maximum hold at base of section. Remove clips.
Credits: Hair: Sam Villa ArTeam; Photo: Katie Parker; Wardrobe: Brittany Hart; Makeup: Nicole Schimel; Model: Izabella Martinez.