When it comes to award shows, the most important thing is the hair, right? Here’s a look at the hair winners and losers from the 2011 American Music Awards. Agree? Disagree? Leave a comment below and tell us!
The Best List
1. Jennifer Lopez – J.Lo’s take on the half-up/half-down ‘do was sublime. We haven’t seen this style on the red carpet in a long time. She kept it simple, sleek and straight so that it looked modern—and let her elaborate dress do all the talking.
2. Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber – We love well-styled couples. Selena looked every bit an old-style Hollywood starlet with large, smooth ringlets while the Biebs took a break from his signature style to look every bit as dapper as his date, with a slicked down ‘do and a side part.
3. Amy Heidemann – This half of the acoustic-pop duo, Karmin, made a quirky statement at the AMAs in a colourful outfit and super retro ponytail. We’re really digging this vintage style and the risk she took. It paid off since we can’t seem to forget about her!
The Worst List
1. Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj – We love how these two powerful performers take style risks, but we’re seriously over the bubblegum pink hair. Is it really a statement if everyone else is doing it?
2. Taylor Swift – This beautiful young singer always has a stellar dress on the red carpet, but we’re finding her hair to be a bit of a snore. If it isn’t her signature curly hair with a deep side part, it’s a straightened side ponytail. What is she hiding under that part? For once we’d like to see her take a risk.
3. Alanis Morissette – Generally we love Alanis’ boho chic looks, but this fish tail is a bit too sloppy and the side strands are hiding most of her face. It just doesn’t go with the elegant outfit. Sorry Alanis, your jagged little hairstyle isn’t cutting it this year.