With only weeks away from the new year, get clients ready for the last night of 2013 with three inspiring nail designs using a dash of bling.
Swarovski Crisscross by CND
CND Shellac top coat
CND Shellac base coat
CND Shellac in Bare Chemise
CND Deep Blue Additives
Swarovski micro crystals
Gel flat oval brush
- Prepare the natural nail with the P.E.P. method.
- Apply CND Shellac base coat and cure for 10 seconds.
- Apply two coats of CND Shellac Bare Chemise and cure for two minutes.
- Apply striping tape in a crisscross pattern, and Deep Blue Additives overtop. Remove striping tape to reveal Bare Chemise underneath.
- Apply CND Shellac top coat and Swarovski crystals at the intersecting points. Cure for two minutes.
- Remove top film with 99 per cent isopropyl alcohol.
Rhinestone Holiday Nails by Alyson Ertell for LCN Canada
LCN Bonder Intense, Camouflage Gel #5 Soft Rose,
LCN One Component Cosmiq, Black Diamond Bondique,
LCN Colour Gel #523 Strawberry Red.
LCN Colour Gel Glitter #6 Lavender Hologram,
LCN Starlit Colour Gel #2 Multicolour Stars
LCN Light Glitter Colour Gel #11 Brilliant Gold,
LCN Acrylic Paint #2 Black, Rhinestones #3 Multi & #42 Crystal Maxi,
LCN Super Shine Finish Cleaner
- File and buff nails.
- Apply a layer of Bonder Intense and cure for one minute in Supreme UV light unit.
- Apply a very light layer of Camouflage Gel #5 Soft Rose and cure for one minute.
- Secure a nail form under the free edge and build the extension with Black Diamond Bondique. File and buff the nails into shape.
- Apply a second layer of Black Diamond Bondique and cure for one minute, which helps to ensure a better gel application.
- Apply a layer of Strawberry Red Colour Gel to two-thirds of the nail tip and clean up the smile line, followed by a flash cure. Apply Lavender Hologram Glitter on top and cure for another minute.
- Fill in the rest of the tip with Starlit Colour Gel in #2 Multicolour Stars; cure for one minute.
- Build the C-curve with Black Diamond Bondique and cure for one minute. File and buff nails.
- Using a fine-tipped nail art brush, draw a leaf onto the nail using Light Glitter Colour Gel in #11 Brilliant Gold. Outline the leaf with Black Acrylic Paint and allow to dry.
- Apply Ultra Shine Sealant, position the rhinestones and flash cure. Apply a generous amount of Sealant to the nails; cure for one minute.
- Finish by wiping off top film with Super Shine Finish Cleaner.
Images courtesy of CND and LCN