With social distancing in full force, hair-lovers are starting to worry about how exactly they’re going to maintain their dos without being able to visit their favourite salons for touchups and maintenance. David Nadicci, creator of of the Toronto hair studio we are we are, has come up with some hair-related Dos and Don’ts while you’re stuck at home:
1. Now is the time to give your hair a break. Relax from over styling and treat yourself to a hair mask—we like the L’Oréal Professionnel Anti-Breakage Masque.
2. Create a hair challenge with your partner or your kids—style each other’s hair in a totally different way. Take pictures and get people to vote for the best one.
3. Take the time to actually brush your hair—before you get in the shower and when you get out! Brush it in all directions, it promotes blood flow to the scalp, which promotes hair growth.
4. If you are in desperate need of a colour treatment and can’t get to your stylist—consider wearing a hat. maybe you’ll become a hat person.
5. If your greys are out of control, try L’Oréal’s Magic Root Cover Up Spray! It will temporarily add a bit of colour to your roots (comes in 8 shades).
6. Play around with hair styles that work well with unwashed hair! Test out different types of braids: boxer braids, crown braids, french braids, what other braids can you invent?!
7. Storyboard hair inspo for your next cut and colour. Hot tip: if you grew up in the 90s find old pictures of yourself and be inspired by your own do.
1. Don’t panic—stay away from box dye! Leave it to the pros when we can reunite.
2. Don’t cut your own bangs—see this as an opportunity to grow them out .
3. Don’t your hair as often—now is your chance to go longer between washes, no one needs to know. Just focus on washing your hands, and leave your hair.
4. Guys, don’t shave your face—try out your retirement beard.
Comments are closed.