Get a jumpstart on fall nail trends with this nail art tutorial. Using some of the new neutrals from Essie’s fall collection, available this month, this linear ombré look is a nod to the more structured clothing that we’re going to be seeing this autumn season. Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start with a thin layer of an Essie base coat.
2. Apply two coats of Essie Take It Outside and allow to dry completely.
3. Apply Fall In Line to two thirds of the nail, away from the base.
4. Apply Partner in Crime to one third of the nail at the tip.
5. Using a striping brush, apply a thin strip of Fall in Line under the block of colour you’ve already creating, leaving a thin stripe of Take It Outside showing.
6. Repeat the above step with Partner in Crime, this time leaving a thin stripe of Fall in Line showing. Allow to dry completely.
7. Seal the deal with an Essie top coat.