Leave it to Essie to keep the intrigue coming and the creativity flowing when it comes to their polish collections, and the Silk Watercolor lineup is no exception. This new collection, available in July, offers up eight sheer blendable, layerable and buildable shades over top of one blank canvas polish. The new shades are: Muse, Myself, Art New-Beau, Blush Stroke, Love Sheen, Highest Bidder, No Shrinking Violet, Point of Blue, Pen & Inky and White Page.
Get inspired to play with these painterly polishes with this nail art tutorial from the Essie team.
1. Apply a thin layer of Essie base coat and apply two coats of White Page.
2. Create a palette to work with. Add a few drops of Muse, Myself, Love Sheen and No Shrinking Violet.
3. Using a detail brush, create small diagonal lines of these three shades near the cuticle. Contunue creating small “ombré blocks” in a line across the nail.
4. Repeat using Muse, Myself and Highest Bidder.
5. Repeat using Love Sheen and No Shrinking Violet and seal with Essie top coat (or try the new Essie Gel-Setter gel-like top coat for an extra-long and high-shine wear).
See the rest of the looks from the collection here: