Gearing up for the series premiere for her new show, Scream Queens, actress Emma Roberts presented at the 67th annual Primetime Emmy Awards, embodying “a modern take on an Old Hollywood sultry star,” styled by Nikki Lee of Nine Zero One for Unite. Here’s how to get her glowing waves.
1. Start by prepping hair with Unite 7Seconds Leave In Detangler then sprayed Unite Boosta Spray at the root to mid shaft for volume.
2. Use Unite Blow and Set Lotion on ends, blowing hair out with a two-inch round brush to adding a nice bounce.
3. After the blowout, set her hair by spraying Unite 7Seconds Glossing Dry Thermal Shine to protect hair from the heat of the 1 1/2-inch curling iron.
4. Take two-inch sections all around the head, wrapping the hair downward and pinning them with a duck bill clip to hold into place.
5. Once completing the set, lightly mist of Unite MaxControl Spray.
6. Let hair cool for about 15 minutes, then take out all the pins and brush curls with a boar bristle brush. This is a key element to creating that old Hollywood wave.
7. After you’ve created a shape you’re happy with, lock the look into place with Unite Session Max Hairspray.
Images via Nikki Lee for Unite
Comments are closed.