Whether you know her and love her from her role as Cressida in Mockingjay Part 1 or as the cunning Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones (we’re fans of both), Natalie Dormer has always been equal parts edgy and feminine and her Mockingjay Part 2 red carpet premiere look is no different. Here’s how Giannandrea, international creative director for Macadamia Professional, created her “rock and roll princess back bun” look.
- Apply Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer from roots to ends of wet hair.
- Blow dry large sections with a large round brush to create ample volume all over.
- Rub a quarter-sized amount of Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream in palms and apply throughout hair to create texture and separation.
- Tease the roots at the crown to build volume.
- Twist the hair back in small to medium sections and secure with straight pins, leaving wispy pieces loose.
- Emulsify more Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream in palms and use fingers to gently scrunch the hair for piecey texture.
- Twist remaining hair into a back bun in the center of the head and secure with pins for an effortless finish. Leave small pieces out on the side for a windswept look.
- Spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Spray to secure the hair.