It was a parade of the celebrities at the always-fashionable Met Gala, and Selena Gomez was no exception. While we’re used to seeing this good girl with her hair down, at the Met Gala she took the fashion-centric event as the inspiration for her sophisticated and elegant updo, by celebrity hairstylist Renato Campora for Moroccanoil. Here’s how to get the look:
- Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to wet hair from root to tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
- Blow dry hair smooth and away from the face using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush.
- Once dry, flat iron hair in 2-inch sections to create an ultra-smooth texture and sleek, shiny strands.
- Apply Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion to front sections, smoothing hair back off the face.
- Pull the top section of hair into a tight, smooth ponytail and the crown of the head and secure with clear elastic. Take remaining hair and pull to a low ponytail behind the right ear.
- Mold the top section of hair into a chic, modern shape and secure to the bottom section – tucking the ends underneath.
- Using pins, secure the cascading Cymbidium Orchids from the top of the ponytail down the left side of the head.
- Finish with a generous spritz of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for long-lasting hold and red carpet-ready shine.
Photos courtesy of Moroccanoil
Comments are closed.