Lady Gaga wowed us with her halftime performance at this year’s Super Bowl. In addition to wardrobe changes, the superstar also effortlessly pulled off a hairstyle change mid-set, which began with a sleek chignon and ended with cascading waves. Gaga and her stylist collaborated with Matrix’s artistic director Nick Stenson for her glamorous blonde locks, with hints of pink for that signature Gaga flair. Here’s how to get the look.
How to Get Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Hair
1. Wash with Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Recover Shampoo and Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Re-Hab Mask.
2. After cleansing, detangle and towel dry. Apply Matrix Style Link Mineral Airy Builder Dry Texture Foam from root to tips.
3. Section hair accordingly and blow dry using a large boar bristle brush. Spray Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer to each section as you dry. Layer Matrix Style Link Smooth Setter to the mid-section and ends to add extra hold and smoothness.
4. Blow dry the sides of hair away from the face, the back sections downward flipping out the ends, and the top of head forward then rounding it up.
5. Curl the top and sides of the head using a medium barrel curling iron. Curl the back of the head using a large barrel curling iron. Pin the curls with clips as you go.
6. Allow the curls to cool for approximately 10 minutes. Remove clips and brush out with a large paddle brush. Spray Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray to the whole head then piece out curls and style away.
7. Finish the look with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray.
How to Get Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Hair Colour
2 scoops Light Master & 2 ½ oz. 20 Volume Matrix Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1
1 ½ oz. Color Sync SPGV & 1 ½ oz. 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1
1 ½ oz. Color Sync Clear & ¼ oz. 10P & ¼ oz. Watercolors Quartz Pink & 2 oz. 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1
1. Apply Lightener formula approximately 1 to 2 inches off scalp to create a shadow base. Lighten to pale yellow or up to 50 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Cleanse and towel dry.
2. Next, melt two formulas together by applying Formula B to the mid-lengths and Formula C to the ends, process up to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
3. Apply Bond Ultim8 Step 2 and process for 10 minutes. Rinse, cleanse and condition with Total Results Color Obsessed Shampoo and Conditioner.
Photo: Getty Images Sport/Getty Images, Matrix