Stuck on what hairstyle to create for your clients for their big day? We’ve got you covered with some pro tips on how to create long-lasting glam waves for your bridal clientele from Lindsey Olson, a Sam Villa ambassador.
- If you want a strong foundation for long-lasting waves, try out dry moussing. Apply a styling mousse (eg. Redken Guts 10) onto dry hair and give hair a quick blow dry with a paddle brush.
- Use a wand with a longer barrel (eg. the Sam Villa Marcel Iron and Wand). This allows for more surface area for heat distribution and tension. Wrap hair with high tension into a 3D curl. Don’t forget to pin the hair on base to cool.
- Dress the curl set in stages. Begin by coating hands with an anti-frizz and shine spray (eg. Redken Shine Flash) and rake this through your client’s hair to break it up. Then, use a comb and complete the look with a finishing brush to shape and polish hair.
- Leave aluminum clips in the ridges between the waves for at least 20 minutes and apply hairspray to define ridges and ensure your waves hold.
- If you want smooth and shiny waves, you can use a boar bristle brush (e.g the Sam Villa Polishing Paddle Brush) so you don’t leave marks in the hair.
- Lastly, to avoid shadows in pictures, create a side part and pin one side back. This will allow you to show off the beautiful bride’s face!