As the natural hair trend continues to shine on the catwalks, it’s no surprise that the next phase in that evolution is a return to rock ‘n roll chic styles, with that mussed-up, cool girl vibe, which is exactly what we saw at Jenny Packham’s NYFW SS16 show. Here’s how to create Unite’s Kevin Ryan’s look.
1. Starting with dray hair, spray the hair lightly with Unite Beach day to create a rough base.
2. Spray Unite Texturiza and Unite Tricky Lite from roots to ends to add texture and grip.
3. Rough up the hair, making sure to pull it down so that it is straight with volume at the top.
4. Part the hair in the cente and go into the roots at the crown of the head with the Unite Pro-Systems Flat Iron to give lift to the roots, creating a sexy, carefree bump.
5. To finish the look, lightly backcomb the roots at the crown of the head if extra lift is needed, then loosely pull the front of the hair back behind the ears.