In case you missed it, the 2017 Golden Globes gave us a ton of hair and beauty inspiration. Helping you recreate one of the night’s best looks, Joico celebrity hairstylist Paul Norton shares his styling how-to tips for creating actress Gina Rodriguez’s Old Hollywood hairstyle.
1) Prep hair with Joico Power Whip and tousle dry with a blow dryer, pushing the hair to one side for a deep side part.
2) Dry the hairline areas with a round brush for a smooth finish.
3) Starting on the side with volume, begin gently bending small sections of hair using a one-inch-barrel curling iron. Spray each section with JoiShape prior to adding the wave.
4) Direct side curls away from the face, wrapping hair over the iron and leaving ends out for a looser, more modern vibe. Use small clips to allow hair to cool with a vintage s-shape wave.
5) Once cool, finger-comb hair with a dab of K-PAK Protect & Shine Serum.
6) Apply Joico Power Spray to the sleeker side to keep hair back and in place.
7) Next, add a bit of Hair Shake to the ends for piece-y separation.
8) Last step: A light dusting of Joico Gold Dust to pick up the sparkle of Gina’s gown.
Photo: Getty Images/Joico