Learn how to create Kate Hudson’s textured bun and Jenna Ushkowitz’s sleek strands, as seen on Glee’s 4th season premiere red carpet, for your clients!
Kate’s Curly Bun (by David Babaii)
1. Prepare hair with IT&LY’s Pure Shampoo and Pure Conditioner. Towel dry, then apply a small amount of IT&LY’s Pure Water Drops Serum through hair to add shine and nourishment.
2. Blow hair with the IT&LY 2200 Watt Professional Dryer, and use hands to quickly dry the hair and enhance your client’s natural curl.
3. Once dry, brush hair into a high ponytail. Spray IT&LY’s Pure Texture to the ponytail to add texture.
4. Take various sized sections twisting, backcombing and looping them into a cascade of textured waves and secure with bobby pins.
5. Finish by spraying IT&LY’s Pure Definition Hair Spray for a soft natural hold.
Jenna’s Super-Straight Strands (by Helen Jeffers)
1. Section hair and apply a generous amount of White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold Thermal Styling Spray to each section of damp hair to get control and smoothness without weighing down the hair.
2. Blow dry each section straight with a large round brush.
3. Use a very hot thermal straightening iron on each section.
4. Finish by running a small amount of White Sands Orchids Oil through the hair to lock in shine.
Photos Courtesy of Zimbio