While the styles at the 2015 Golden Globe awards were definitely more conservative this year, they were still executed flawlessly for posh, elegant looks. Jessica Chastain, styled by Wella Professionals stylist Renato Campora, flaunted sculpted waves that looked polished without being stiff—a big must! We also loved Julianne Moore’s rich red colour, done by Joico Celebrity Colourist Denis de Souza, which suited her skin tone perfectly. See how you can recreate both looks for your clients:
Get the Look: Jessica Chastain
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Apply Wella Professionals Elastic Energy Mousse to damp hair and blow dry using a round brush.
3. Using a 1.5 inch curling iron, curl only the bottom portion of hair to create voluminous curls.
4. Apply Wella Professional LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray to the top of the head to smooth any fly-aways.
5. Allow hair to cool for 5 minutes then lightly brush through the curls to create a loose look.
6. Apply a small amount of Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade to fingertips and smooth down the front of the hair for a sleek shiny look.
7. Finish the look using Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
Get the Look: Julianne Moore
“Julianne’s red is her signature and it’s always on point,” says de Souza, “It’s natural-looking, yet very youthful with a fiery tone that works so beautifully with her milky skin!”
Recreate this shade with Joico Vero K-PAK Color:
Natural level: 5/6 w/50% gray
Base: Joico Vero K-PAK ½ 6N + ½ 6RC + 20-volume developer
Ends: Joico Vero K-PAK Color 7RC Bright Red Copper + 10-volume developer
Low-Lights: Add low-lights throughout the head; equal parts of Vero K-PAK Chrome RC8 Orange Crush and G6 Sandalwood.
Final Glaze for stunning shine, 1 oz. Vero K-PAK Chrome Clear + ¼ RC8 Orange Crush