This week at the Golden Globes, all eyes were on celebrity style, but we were looking at each celeb’s hair. Celebrity hairstylists Jen Atkin and Cervando created the smooth, glamorous locks for Diane Kruger and Naomi Watts. Here’s how to get their red carpet hairstyles.
Diane Kruger, by celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin
1. Beginning on damp hair, apply Moroccanoil Root Boost directly to roots and use fingers to pull product throughout the entire head. Next, from mid-lengths to ends, apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and comb through to distribute evenly. This helps create the foundation for volume and texture.
2. Next, section-by-section, blow dry hair using Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Brush for a soft and smooth finish.
3. Once hair is fully dry, spray hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium for memory and soft hold.
4. With a 1⁄2” barrel curling iron, curl 1” sections of the top of hair and set with 2-prong clip to maintain strong curl structure.
5. Once the front is set, spritz the back of hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium and curl 1” sections with 1” barrel curling iron for retro waves.
6. Remove front curls and gently brush out curls with Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Brush.
7. With Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron, smooth top of hair and lightly backcomb mid-lengths to ends to give a soft, ethereal vibe.
8. Finish with a light mist of Moroccanoil Frizz Control for a veil of shine
Naomi Watts, by celebrity hairstylist Cervando
1. Beginning on damp hair, use fingers to rake a small palm-sized amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse from root to tip, throughout the entire head. Next, use a comb to distribute the product evenly through hair.
2. Apply Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the entire head to create a foundation for volume and texture. Then use a comb to create a deep side part. Rough dry with hands.
3. Next, section by section, blow dry hair using Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Round Brush for a soft and smooth finish.
4. Once the hair is fully dry, section off the hair at the top of the head and set in Velcro rollers.
5. Alternating between 1”and 1 1⁄2” curling irons, wrap 1” sections of hair around the barrels—leaving the ends straight—to create a modern, natural wave.
6. Once completed, remove the Velcro rollers and use the Moroccanoil Classic Boar Bristle Brush to smooth hair into place and sweep the hair across the forehead.
7. Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to add shine, texture and long-lasting hold.
Photos: Jason Merritt at Getty Images