Beach waves continue to be one of the most popular styles, simply because they’re the perfect hybrid between effortless and cool.
This Kate Moss inspired look by Cos Sakkas, TONI&GUY’s international artistic director, is more than perfect for summer. Sakkas used a finger wave technique to create the texture, but kept the hair at a shoulder length with an over-hanging fringe for a more undone vibe.
1. Take a central profile parting with a pin tail comb.
2. Apply gel from the roots to the mid-lengths of the hair.
3. Combing hair at a natural fall, place finger parallel to the parting in an equal distance and direct the hair in between the fingers in a forward and back direction, alternating a finger wave technique.
4. Apply a shine spray (Sakkas used label.m Hold and Gloss Spray) to the end of the back area of the hair and create a knot in the middle of the length.
5. The entire head is diffused and left to cool down.
6. The knot is removed and a nice distressed texture should appear, decorating the side behind the ear with clips or accessories to get a flatter and more modern feel.