Give clients a funky rockabilly look with these two hair designs by award-winning New Zealand hairstylist Adrian Barclay. Barclay, who won the 2009 Hair Expo New Zealand Hairdresser of the Year and is a L’Oréal Professionnel educator today, shares the easy step-by-step for each look.
Wild Pony Tail
A runway-inspired double knotted pony tail that gives a fresh and versatile look for any occasion.
1. Create a low pony at the nape of the neck and secure with a hair tie. Take a small section of hair and wrap around the hair tie, fastening with a bobby pin.
2. Divide the pony tail into two sections.
3. Knot the lengths together, and repeat.
4. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Fix Anti-Frizz Hairspray to the knotted area.
5. Using a flat iron, clamp the knot to seal the braid.
6. Backcomb the knotted area to create energy and shape.
7. Finish hair with spray personalize the look by pulling random pieces to create a roughed-up shape.
The Mod Rocker
Powerful and provocative, this sexy layered look revives true style and timeless attitude.
1. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Volume Riche Mousse to damp hair with a comb.
2. Blow dry hair using a small round-brush to create lift and volume.
3. Protect hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Hot Style Constructor Heat Protector.
4. Divide hair into two horizontal sections and use a flat iron to give hair a smooth finish.
5. Power-dry hair to create looseness and energy.
6. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Super Dust for thickness and pliable texture.
7. Finish with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.Art Fix Anti-Frizz Hairspray, separating pieces with fingers.
Hair: Adrian Barclay
Salon: Venom, Invercargill, New Zealand
Photos: Angela Henderson
Comments are closed.