As most of us continue to be stuck at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many hairstylists are maximizing their downtime by watching digital education to learn new techniques.
With so much hair inspiration out there to stimulate your creativity, there’s no better time than the present to challenge yourself to try something new. Case in Point: This stunning rainbow look that takes a simple braided updo to the next level with a few hints of vibrant tones.
Take a look at this step-by-step guide by Sharon Malcolm, the owner of Sharon Malcolm Hairdressing in Newtownards, Belfast, Northern Ireland, for re-creating this look and making it your own.
1. Use a flat iron to straighten hair. Then take small sections and tie a knot halfway down the length and towards the ends.
2. Place a flat iron (or curling iron) over each knot and clamp to secure.
3. Continue steps 1 and 2 all around the head.
4. Then take coloured eyeshadow and colour each knot with a different shade. Note: You can also use temporary hair colour sprays.
5. Take sections freehand and pull them into shape, leaving the ends free for added softness.
6. Place the sections across the top of the head to create a halo effect around the face and to show off the knots.
Hair: Sharon Malcolm, Sharon Malcolm Hairdressing, Ireland
Photo: Jack Eames
Comments are closed.