Find out how to recreate this look, created by Gian Carlo of Vivid Hair Salon using Revlon Professional products.
How-to: Crystal Silver Balayage:
- Weave teased highlights and slices and alternate each section, leaving minimal hair out between sections.
- Mohawk section back-to-back babylights and lift to a level 9-10 with Revlon Professional Blonderful Blonde Up Lightener.
- Process 30 minutes and rinse.
- Shampoo with Revlon Professional Post Color shampoo
- Toner – Revlon Professional Young Color Excel (Tone for five minutes)
Crystal Silver Formula:
Roots -6.01 with 6 vol
Mids -9.12 with 6 vol
Ends -9.12 + 10.02 with 6 vol
Application time: 1.5 hours
Process time: 30 mins
Shampoo, brush out, tone and leave toner on for: 5 minutes
Hair cut and style time: 1 hour
“My inspiration was the nice weather approaching here in Canada. We previously did a balayage on her a year ago and she had about eight inches of her natural root and lighter ends, but some of her natural [hair] coming through as well, making it more dimensional,” said Gian Carlo.
“I had suggested for her to go for it and do a bright blonde, but still keeping it low maintenance by bringing her blonde close to the root. That’s the reason I chose to do babylights on the crown over balayage. We shadowed the root area about one inch to give her a low maintenance bright, buttery, blonde that she can rock all summer!”
Credits: @gianhair on Instagram/Revlon Professional