With American Thanksgiving this weekend for our friends in the U.S., we felt inspired by the colours that fall is best known for: vivid oranges and reds that remind us of all our favourite autumn elements.
With the changing seasons (and weather!), it’s a time where many clients may be looking to change up their look.
Pravana’s head colourist Presley Poe’s rustic red colour transformation will be sure to pique the interest of many clients seeking a colour that will shine through the dullness of winter.
Find out how she achieved this vibrant shade that’s perfect for the holidays.
How-To: Get Presley Poe’s Rustic Red
1. Lift base with Pravana Pure Light Power Lightener with 10 vol developer to achieve a warm level 8.
2. Apply base formula (2 parts of Pravana ChromaSilk 5.45 : 1 part ChromaSilk 4.52 + 2” inch ribbon of ChromaSilk Red Additive with Zero Lift Developer.
3. Apply mid-shaft formula (3 parts of Pravana ColorLush 6RC : 1 part ColorLush 7C + one full dose of ColorLush Red Color Boost + one full dose ColorLush Gold Color Boost to equal parts ColorLush Activator.
4. Apply final formula to ends (ColorLush 7C : ColorLush Activator).
5. Process for 20 minutes, then shampoo with Pravana Moisture Rich then dry completely.
6. Apply Pravana Vivids overlay from roots to ends: 3 oz. Vivids Orange + 3 drops Vivids Blue + .75 oz. Vivids Red to create a burnt orange hue.
7. Process for 20 minutes, shampoo and condition. To recreate Poe’s signature shine, mist towel-dried hair with the lightweight Pravana Nevo Intense Therapy Leave-In Treatment to detangle and rebuild strength, then apply Nevo Color Lock to shield hair and color from any environmental damage, ensuring longer-lasting health and vibrancy. Dry and style as desired! Finish with a few pumps of Nevo Hydra Pearls to seal in moisture, maintain strength and add shine!
(Photos courtesy of Presley Poe and Pravana)