Hailee Steinfeld rocked the red carpet of the Video Music Awards (VMA’s) with her effortless waves, created by Laura Polko. Here’s how to recreate the look.
How-To: Hailee Steinfeld’s Effortless Waves
- Starting with wet hair, I prepped with Pai-Shau Something To BeLeave-In and then worked through Pai-Shau Royal Abundance Mousse.
- Next, I created a straight middle part and sectioned hair off on either side of the part from the crown of the head.
- Using my T3 Cura Dryer, I started drying the hair with my round brush starting in the back, working the products in.
- From there, using my T3 Convertible Collection with the 1.5” Voluminous Curls Clip Barrel, I curled the bottom sections. After curling, I wrapped curl around my two fingers and clipped to set.
- On the top sections, I used the T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers to get max volume and a fluffy texture.
- I then sprayed with Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray for a brushable hold.
- I let everything sit and set for around 15 or 20 minutes, and then brushed out.
- Lastly, I touched up with a curling iron and back combed the back for volume finishing with Pai-Shau Imperial Hold Hairspray.
Credits: Pai-Shau/Laura Polko