Nails are surely a staple to a woman’s total look, and neutrals were a big hit at the recent New York Fashion Week shows. When clients come looking for a fashion-forward nail-over, prep your salon with colours and styles, such as Pattie Yankee’s French variation using OPI Gelcolor and Dashing Diva ColorFX.
1. Apply Base Gel and cure (I prefer Gelish foundation).
2. Remove the tacky layer of the Base Gel.
3. Apply two coats of OPI Gelcolor in “Bubble Bath.” Cure.
4. Apply Top Gel to seal. Cure. (I prefer Gelish Top It Off).
5. Cleanse the nail with 99% alcohol to remove the tacky layer.
6. Using Dashing Diva Colorfx in “Stark Statement,” cut long, narrow, dramatic triangles with small scissors (as seen in the above photo).
7. Use pointed tweezers to remove the Colorfx applique from the plastic backing, and place them at the base of the nail to form a triangular “moon.”
8. Apply one coat of Dashing Diva Gelife Base Gel and cure.
9. Apply one coat of Dashing Diva Gelife Top Gel and cure.
10. Cleanse tacky inhibition layer with 99% alcohol.
This article originally appears on the blog of celebrity nail technician for Dashing Diva Professional, Patricia Yankee, and is reprinted with permission.