The hottest nail designs completed the best-dressed celebs at the 2013 Met Gala, from ornate to floral to studded and almost everything in-between. Nicole Richie, who surprised us with her uber-light hairstyle gave us something else to look at: her fingernails.
To go along with this year’s Met Gala punk-to-couture theme, Gelish celebrity manicurist Kimmie Kyees created an elegant burgundy design with undeniable metallic edginess. “Nicole had so many gorgeous accessories on, I wanted to make sure that her manicure stood out,” says Kyees. Here’s how to recreate the starlet’s manicure:
Gelish Tools You Will Need:
Colours: My Favourite Acessory and Allure
Top it Off Gel
Nourish Cuticle Oil
1. Shape the nail into desired shape.
2. Lightly buff the surface of the nail plate.
3. Cleanse the nail with a lint-free wipe and Cleanser to remove dust and oil.
4. Apply a thin coat of pH Bond and cap the free edge.
5. Apply a thin coat of My Favourite Accessory and cap the free edge. Cure in LED light.
6. Apply a second coat of My Favorite Accessory and cap the free edge. Cure once again.
7. Using Allure and a clean nail art brush, create a heart-shaped design at the base of the nail near the cuticle area. Cure in LED light.
8. Apply a thin coat of Top it Off Gel and cap the free edge. Cure in LED light.
9. Remove tacky residue with Cleanse and a lint-free wipe.
10. Massage Nourish Cuticle Oil into skin surrounding nail plate.
Image courtesy of Kimmie Kyees’ Instagram