Highly anticipating this year’s Met Gala, we were excited to see which celebrities would turn heads and stun the red carpet. The theme, Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination, meant to symbolize religious art forms, definitely sparked bold and beautiful looks to remember.
Find out how to recreate some of the looks that caught our attention.
Styled by Davy Newkirk using amika products, Johanson’s short, simplistic style paired beautifully with her long maroon-coloured ball gown.
Get the look:
- On wet hair, apply a small amount of amika Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse throughout the hair.
- Use a one-inch round brush to rough dry the hair in sections.
- Create bends with a flat iron throughout the hair in random sections once hair is dry.
- Apply amika Un.Done Volume and Matte Texture Spray and tousle the hair into the desired shape.
- Give the top roots a blast of the amika Vandal Volume Powder Spray (new for June 2018) and then apply amika Heist Molding Blend in sections to give the style a piece-y look.
- Finish with amika Headstrong Intense Hold Hairspray.
Moroccanoil celebrity stylist, Bryce Scarlett created Aldridge’s romantic chignon; a classic hairstyle to keep the emphasis on her vibrant yellow dress.
Get The Look:
- Use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment on damp hair to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Using Moroccanoil Protect & Prevent Spray, mist evenly throughout mid-lengths and ends to protect and detangle hair. Comb to distribute.
- Work in Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse at the roots and comb fingers through for added body.
- Blow dry the hair until smooth using Moroccanoil Ceramic 45MM Round Brush and Moroccanoil Professional Ceramic Hair Dryer starting at the roots and lifting away from the scalp.
- Next, blow dry the bangs forward and set them into a curl. Then, part in the center and tuck behind the ears to
- Spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to create textured volume near the root of the hair and pull into a ponytail with height at the crown. Wrap the hair into a chignon and spray the bangs with Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray.
- Finish off the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to provide a long lasting, weightless hold.
Delicate and angelic, Hailee Steinfeld turned heads with her textured hairstyle and white Prabal Gurung gown.
Get the look:
- Prep hair with amika Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse through the crown of air-dried hair.
- Create a center part and dry the crown section (where the mousse was applied) with a multi-bristle brush to add some texture but to keep the look smooth.
- Use the amika Confidante Moisture-lock Styler to create a loose, natural wave throughout the hair.
- Spray hair with amika Un.Done Volume and Matte Texture Spray and use a pearl-sized amount of amika Heist Molding Blend for a romantic and angelic, ropey texture.
- Place in a crown shape and set the hair with amika Fluxus Touchable Hairspray for hold and control all night.
Sparkling across the runway, Reinhart wore a silver custom corset dress, a classic updo and the pièce de résistance – golden leaf nail art created by celebrity manicurist, Stephanie Stone.
Get the look:
- Start with two coats of essie’s gel couture wedding collection by Reem Acra in “handmade of honor,” and apply to each nail for metallic gleam.
- For detailing, use a dry nail brush to pick up and apply tattered gold leaf flakes to each nail.
- Finish the look with a coat of essie’s gel couture platinum grade top coat to seal the leaf accents and add shine.
Lana Del Rey
Styled by Sheridan Ward, Lana Del Rey’s angelic ensemble was a sight for sore eyes.
Get the look:
- Prime hair with amika The Wizard Detangling Primer and a small amount of amika Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse to dampen the hair.
- Loosely braid hair in 2-inch sections, and allow to air dry for 15 minutes.
- Spray the braids with amika The Shield Anti-Humidity Spray and press with amika The Confidante Moisture-lock Styler. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Wait until they’re cool and undo the braids and loosely comb through with fingers.
- Finish the look by lightly spritz with amika Fluxus Touchable Hairspray to tame any fly-aways. Add a crown as desired.