Even though it’s been a crazy cold winter, news and events don’t stop in the world of beauty. Here’s what we were talking about in February.
News & Events
- Red Carpet-Ready: Awards season has come to a close, but not without us rounding up some of our favourite celebrity hairstyles first. From hits and misses at the Grammys to some styles going head-to-head at the Oscars, we’ve got your celebrity hairstyles covered.
- @SalonMagazine: We’re such huge fans of all things visual, so we figured it was about time to join the world of Instagram. Here you’ll find some of our favourite collections, behind-the-scenes at some events and shows and, of course, a little peek into the life of Salon Magazine. Follow us!
- Runway Styles: The lobby of the Shangri-La Hotel in snowy Toronto was transformed into a swanky runway show for Lucian Matis’ annual Fashion Luncheon with Schwarzkopf Professional on February 4. Paul Pereira lead the team of stylists to create the look for the show, combining three of this season’s biggest trends: ponytails, parting and braids. Matis’ designs juxtapose structure and movement, and the hair reflects this with the textured braids and smooth silhouette of the ponytail. As Pereira’s fourth time collaborating with Matis, he describes Matis as “very visual, so a lot of the finishing, and the “let’s go with that one” happens the day of.” In order to adapt to last minute tweaks and changes, “you have to pick a team that’s flexible—at the end of the day, we’re here to support [Lucian].”
- Renowned hairstylist Paul Stafford has been appointed as a senior artistic educator for Unite. The British Hairdressing Hall of Famer will be working alongside Unite’s education team to help develop events for the brand, focusing on building and learning alongside the brand’s offerings.
- Cutter and Stiles/Kevin.Murphy has announced the appointment of their new chief marketing officer, Dawn Blackstone. Bringing with her a wealth of experience in positions such as vice president of marketing and CMO at other beauty companies, Blackstone will help grow Kevin.Murphy and head marketing initiatives for new launches to come.
- After 20 years in the industry training and spotting up-and-coming talent, Gina Coburn has joined the EvelineCharles team as the new salon director. Focusing on education, coaching and leadership, Coburn will help develop the immense talent within the salon team.
- #NoHairSelfie: For World Cancer Day on February 4, CEO and president for Aveda Canada and founder of Civello Salons & Spas, Ray Civello, had his five-year-old son, Corrado, shave his head in support of the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation. As a cancer survivor himself, the #NoHairSelfie campaign was happy to help raise awareness and support for this foundation.
- Want to give your clients lust-worthy locks like Jennifer Aniston? Now it’s possible with Living Proof, co-owned by the actress that made “The Rachel” a thing. Experience the brand here.
- Switch up your clients style in no time with the latest launch from Matrix, Style Link. 15 new products make any style possible. See the entire collection here.
- Have some curly-haired clients who are breaking the rules? Show them these Curly Haired Commandments with Eufora’s new Curl’n products and make sure they stick to them!
Comments are closed.