Here’s a look at what’s been going on in the world of beauty this month.
News & Events
- Change the WORLD: WORLD Salon Products has rebranded its environmentally friendly professional performance products. The new reveal showed off the company’s brand new look and reaffirmed its dedication to the pursuit of environmental sustainability and innovative natural products.
- Adding “Joi”: Joico unveiled their new brand identity in Montreal at their national sales meeting June 15-17. After much thought and market research, Melisa Gill, Marketing Director for Joico Canada, announced with great excitement the new tagline “The Joi of Healthy Hair.” See more highlights from the event here.
- Jeremy Davies-Barbala has been appointed as Joico’s new international creative director. The former senior creative director for Sassoon, U.K, has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills since starting with Sassoon in 2002, and has as a very strong following in the hairstyling community.
- This September Davy De Bondt will succeed Elise Massicotte as Wella Canada’s new national manager. De Bondt will be relocating from Geneva, Switzerland where he has led the marketing, strategy and planning at Wella’s global distributor operations in 46 countries across central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Aldo Gemmiti has been named Chairman for the Allied Beauty Association. With19 years in the industry with WAHL Canada, Gemmiti is the perfect fit for the ABA.
- Béatrice Dautzenberg has been busy honing her skills as a top manager at L’Oréal since 2001. She arrives in Montreal, L’Oréal’s Canadian headquarters, via Belgium, France, Australia and the U.K., and will be leading L’Oréal Professionnel and Pureology as general manager.
- Matrix has a new director of education and events, and it’s Angele Charette. The Sudbury native has been working with L’Oréal Professionnel since 2005, where she worked her way up to become sales and education manager for Kérastase and Shu Uemura in 2014.
- Bold Blonde: Clients looking for blonding services will be taken care of with Redken’s new blonding portfolio to complement its Blonde Idol line. Check it out!
- Tea Time: Pai-Shau has launched a full line of hydrating restorative products featuring the brand’s signature exotic tea complex, a concentrated blend of steeped tealeaves from around the world. Experience the line here.
- Are your clients tired of the old later, rinse, repeat? Break the cycle with Pureology’s new Cleaning Condition range.
- Men Only: TIGI’s Bed Head for Men have added two new products to the range. See how they work here.
- Shake it Off: Joico’s new revolutionary Hair Shake will liquid-powder finishing texturizer will help your clients battle grease and residue.
- Art Attack: Essie’ s latest watercolor-inspired collection takes nail art to a new level.
- Nailed it: CND has a new LED lamp for a safer, more pristine manicure and Shellac XPRESS5 Top Coat for quick removal