Find out how to recreate this fun updo with tips from Sam Villa, co-Founder of Sam Villa and global artistic ambassador for Redken.
“It really is as easy as ponytail, bun, braid, pull off, fold and pin…and it’s an ideal look to teach guests to add value to their experience in your chair,” says Villa.
How-To: Pulled Donut Braid
1. Brush with Sam Villa Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush pointed vertically to detangle and then use a Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush to add polish.
2. Gather hair into ponytail at back and use an elastic with a butchers knot to secure.
3. Cover the elastic by using Villa’s hairpin technique.
4. Create a simple bun in back using a donut.
5. Divide ends into two sections and create a three-strand braid down the center of the bun, grabbing hair to feed the sections and securing with an elastic.
6. Pull the top of the braid, take it off the donut and slide the donut off.
7. Lift from center of braid, pull up, create a shape and pin in place.