In search of some ways to master the perfect wrap dry for sleek and smooth hair? Look no further! We have five tips from Sam Villa, global artistic ambassador for Redken, on how to achieve a shiny and polished wrap dry, which he says is essential for smoothing your client’s hair before using additional heat-styling tools!
- Always Protect — Apply a heat protectant or primer to hair before blow drying (eg. Redken’s Quick Blow Out Heat Protecting Spray).
- Brush is the Truck, Dryer is the Trailer — Make sure to hook the dryer to the paddle brush to ensure that they are always working together.
- Turn Brush Horizontally in Nape Area — Avoid holding the brush vertically, since it can prevent you from getting lift at the roots. Instead, turn the brush horizontally to allow you to compress the hair for ultra-smooth results.
- Nozzle Angle — Turn the nozzle diagonally in relation to the dryer handle, which will decrease the amount of tension and stress on your wrists and will allow for slight turning while working.
- Slow Down to Speed Up — Take your time with each section and allow for more focused heat and tension with each pass so you don’t have to go back and redo sections.
Comments are closed.