With the holidays upon us, we know clients are busy with parties and celebrations. We have a step-by-step guide on creating a day-to-evening hybrid hair look from Tony Ricci for Artègo Canada that’s perfect for the season—whether it’s for a festive office get-together or glamorous New Year’s party.
The Day Look:
- Prep hair with a primer to give the hair volume and hydration (eg. the Beauty Primer and Pure Waves by Artègo).
- Blow dry the hair using a round brush.
- Using a large barrel curling iron and curl hair traditionally.
- After hair has cooled down, use a wide tooth comb to loosen curls and finish with a hairspray (eg. Artègo’s Hot Shot Hairspray).
Pro Tip: For very fine hair, use a small crimping iron at the roots to create control.
The Evening Look:
- To create an anchor point, make two small braids on each side of the head.
- Take four small bungee cords to create bubbles in the hair. Hook each cord to either sides of the braids and use a tail comb to create the size of bubbles you would like.
- Once you get to the nape of the neck, use a clear elastic to make a ponytail and spray hair with a shine spray (eg. Shine Bright by Artègo).
Pro Tip: If the hair is too slick, you can use Artègo No Limits powder to give it more texture.