Looking for ways to spice up your client’s hair for the holidays? We have a step-by-step guide from Karla Valenzuela, an ambassador for Sam Villa, on how to achieve a French twist low pony for this holiday season.
PRO TIP: Don’t forget to add hair clips or barrettes for a festive flair that takes the look to the next level.
- Prep the hair with a heat protectant (such as Redken’s Iron Shape 11) as well as a volumizer (eg. Redken Guts 10) before doing a directional blow dry
2. Add loose curls to the hair by using a flat iron, wand or curling iron.
3. Brush out curls and direct the hair to one side.
4. Weave big bobby pins vertically in the hair, making sure that the openings are facing upwards.
5. Gather loose hair, twist inwards and towards the direction of the bobby pins, and secure with pins.
6. Add separation and texture to the top and exterior hair (you can use Redken Fashion Works 12 as a working spray).
7. Finish with a strong hold hair spray (eg. Redken Triple Take 32).
8. Add accessories of your choice (i.e. holiday hair pins, pearls, or ribbon)
Pro tip: To add volume and grip for hair accessories, use a texturizing flat iron 2 inches off the scalp on the interior hair.