Lily James’ transformation into Pamela Anderson for Hulu’s Pam & Tommy is impressive, to say the least. After spending four hours (a day!) with customized lace-front wigs and blending multiple shades to create the perfect blonde hue, James has perfectly captured Anderson’s iconic looks, especially her signature bombshell Baywatch waves.
“So much of Pam’s look is timeless, but also very, very ’90s in other ways,” Barry Lee Moe, hair department head, told Harper’s Bazaar in a recent interview. “Her haircut was always super layered and textured throughout, and using all the tools in our respective departments, we were really able to take it to that classic ’90s look.”
Learn how to recreate this look on your clients this season.
Get The Look:
- Make sure your client’s hair is damp before prepping it with Unite’s Beach Day Texturizing Spray. This will add more texture and volume to the hair.
- Apply a few drops of Unite’s Blonda Oil to the hair for heat protection and shine.
- Use a Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer to diffuse the locks/curls.
- Once the hair is fully dry, enhance and define the waves with ghd Platinum Styler and Hot Tools 24K Gold 1” Marcel Iron to add more texture and finish.
- Rake through the waves while adding Unite’s Texturiza Spray to deliver weightless volume and texture.
- After perfecting the broken-up texture, finish the look with Unite’s GO365 Hairspray for a flexible hold with no buildup.