The A Star is Born star, Lady Gaga, rocked the red carpet of the 2019 Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards with her stellar updo created by celebrity hairstylist and her own personal master hairstylist, Frederic Aspiras.
“Gaga’s elegant updo was inspired by a timeless ballerina bun; her bright, blonde hair gently swept away from her face,” said Aspiras.
Here’s how to recreate the look using Joico products:
1. Use Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield and spray throughout towel-dried hair.
2. Apply Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Tone Violet Smoothing Foam to create smooth, soft bounce.
3. Use a detangling comb to evenly distribute product and untangle hair.
4. Use a hairdryer for frizz-free and super smooth hair.
5. To create the perfect blowout, start from the bottom and blow dry downwards using a paddle brush to create a smooth and frizz-free blowout.
6. Spray Joico Ironclad Thermal Protectant Spray lightly to give the hair a satin shine finish.
7. Next, spray Joico Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing Spray onto an oval dressing brush as you brush hair up into a low ponytail to achieve a smooth, controlled finish on the side and back of hair.
8. Secure with elastic.
9. Using a curling wand, wrap the loose strands of hair in the ponytail around the wand to define and give ends a curl.
10. Spray Joico Hair Shake Finishing Texturizing Spray onto the hair and a narrow dressing brush, to mold a flat “Ballerina” bun at base of head.
11. Finish off the look with Joico JoiFix Firm Finishing Spray for long-lasting, strong hold and shine.