The 2021 Contessa Awards are bigger than ever with the addition of an exciting, new category: Freestyle!
It’s time to show us your best shot! This new category is open to bona fide hairstylists and colourists working in Canada. There are no rules on creativity, so it’s time to let loose!
Whether it’s a brand new photo, one that’s been previously entered in a competition or has been photographed within the last two years, the possibilities are endless!
One photo + Instagram = #ContessaFreestyle
1. Download the official Contessa Freestyle overlay here.
Please note: The overlay MUST be added to your photo in order for it to be counted as an entry. Posting without the official Contessa Freestyle overlay may result in disqualification.
2. Post the photo on Instagram with #ContessaFreestyle and #ContessaAwards in your caption.
3. One entry per person.
4. The photo cannot be entered into any other Contessa Awards category this year.
5. Entering photos from past Contessa-winning collections is prohibited.
6. Best of all… there’s no entry fee!
To view the full rules and regulations, click here.
Adding the overlay:
Adding the overlay is easy using the Layers function in Photoshop, Photoshop Lightroom, etc. but you can also use free apps downloaded on your phone such as Lay.Over (from Protocols LLP) that have layering functions. If you have an Apple computer, you can add overlays in Preview by following the downloadable instructions below.