For the Barbie movie premiere in Los Angeles, celebrity hairstylist Aviva Jansen-Perea created a snatched and glossy bun for actress America Ferrera, who has a role in the upcoming film. Jansen-Perea wanted to create a strong and powerful, yet timeless look, and we have a step-by-step guide on how you can re-create this updo for your clients.
- Coat the hair in a plumping mousse, such as the hOURS Full-Time Plumping Mousse, to leave the hair plump without creating crunch.
- Using a large round brush, blow out the hair.
- Gather the hair into an elastic at cheekbone level, and then twist and coil the hair in the elastic. Pin with French hair pins and apply shine spray as you work.
- Once the bun is secure and in place, apply more shine spray.
- Then, apply a generous amount of a flexible hold hairspray, such as the hOURS Mostly Modest Flexible Hair Spray, for added shine and hold.