Festival season is officially among us and your clients will be flocking to your chair for festival hair inspo.
“Festival hair is all about the attention to fun details with an effortless approach,” said Anna Peters, Sam Villa ArTeam Member. “Let go and let your braids hang free! This dainty, detailed, fishtail braid is easy to create, yet packs a big style punch.”
Here’s how to get the look created by Sam Villa ArTeam.
How-to: Festival Fishtail Braid
1. Begin with a two-inch section of hair near the temple a few inches away from the hairline. Use the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron to gently compress the hair all the way down to create 3X the volume!
2. Divide evenly into 2 sections holding one in the right hand and one in the left.
3. Take a thin section of hair from the outside of the right section and cross it over to the inside of the left section.
4. Now, take a thin section of hair from the left section and cross it over to the inside of the right section.
Tip: Keep sections thin to add more detail. Continue this process all the way down until you have the desired length of braid.
5. Hold onto the ends and start gently pulling each side apart to create fullness. Start at the bottom and work your way up.
6. Secure ends with an elastic.
7. Finish the look by spraying with Redken Triple Dry 15 medium control dry texture finishing spray for a matte, lived-in finish and a touch of holding power.
Tip: Don’t worry about being too perfect; the wispy hair hanging around the face gives it that perfect effortless touch.
Credits: Sam Villa ArTeam