Saoirse Ronan was glowing on the Golden Globes red carpet Sunday night, with help from her shimmering gown and dewy makeup, but what tied the whole look together was her ’70s glam hair.
Styled by Adir Abergel, the look was inspired by Julie Christie’s iconic hair in Shampoo. With that inspiration, Abergel said he wanted to create soft, touchable volume with polished rolled ends, which all together gave it “an iconic retro glam feel.”
Want to know how to achieve this look at home? So do we! Here’s how he did it:
- Start by applying a combination of Virtue Volumizing Primer and Virtue Volumizing Mousse throughout the roots and lightly though the mid-shaft for maximum volume.
- Using the cool air setting, dry until about 80% while using a round brush.
- Set with rollers throughout.
- Once the hair is cooled down, remove the rollers to reveal a voluminous blowout. After brushing out the curls, use a 1.5 inch marcel iron to create a subtle, face-framing bend.
- For finishing touches, use a flat iron to bend the ends of the hair under even more and and smooth it with a few drops of Virtue Healing Oil for a glamorous shine.
Comments are closed.