Lily Aldridge stunned the red carpet of the 2019 Met Gala with her hairstyle created by celebrity hairstylist for Moroccanoil, Bryce Scarlett.
“I drew my inspiration for Lily’s look from British Designer Richard Quinn’s collection, a mix of very proper and feminine yet with a sensual aesthetic,” said Scarlett.
“I wanted to play off of the ‘Camp’ theme and the interesting proportions of her dress while also giving an Avant Garde shape to the face and playing up her strength with a high ponytail.”
Here’s how to get the look using Moroccanoil products:
1. Start off by prepping hair with Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask to keep the hair healthy and shiny and rinse thoroughly.
2. On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
3. Next, apply a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Blow Dry Concentrate from mid length to the ends of the hair and blow the hair out smooth using a Moroccanoil Ceramic 45MM Round Brush and the Moroccanoil Professional Series Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer.
4. After the hair is fully blown out, flat iron with the Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron.
5. Next, spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium onto a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush and brush through the hair, gathering in a slicked back, high, tight ponytail.
6. Secure the ponytail with an elastic hair bungee, then run through the ponytail with a comb and flat iron to ensure the hair is stick straight.
7. Next, wrap a black silk ribbon around the ponytail to disguise the hair band.
8. Finish off the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to provide a long lasting, weightless hold.