This year’s Met Gala theme, “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination”, featured bold and unique styles on celebrities as they walked the red carpet.
Here’s how to recreate the short and chic styles worn by Katy Perry and Cara Delevingne.
Her now signature blonde locks were courtesy of Nine Zero One Salon’s Rick Henry using Joico Blonde Life. Here’s how to recreate the look.
- Colour using Blonde Life Lightening Powder with 20 Vol LumiShine Developer on the roots. Let process for 35 minutes.
- Mix Blonde Life Lightening Powder with 10 Vol LumiShine Developer to bring up the intensity of the ends. Apply and process for the final ten minutes.
- Finish with a toner of ½ 10SB and Clear.
- Towel-dry hair and apply Heat Set Blowout Perfecting Crème to safeguard from heat damage.
- Once hair is dry, use Joico Beach Shake to provide glam texture, satiny hydration and a “perfectly imperfect” separation to create the “rock angel” look.
This look was created by Mare Salon co-owner and celebrity hairstylist Mara Roszak using Joico Color Butter temporary hair-colour and Joico Hair Shake texturizer to achieve the perfect pop of colour that complemented her look. Here’s how to recreate the look.
- Mix a cocktail of Joico Color Butter in Purple and Pink.
- Apply the mixture to damp hair, let it sit for five minutes, then rinse it out thoroughly.
- Blow dry the hair roughly and follow to keep volume and texture intact
- On dry hair, use Joico Hair Shake Liquid-to-Powder Texturizer for movement.
- Spray the hair all over using Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray for extra hold.
- For a longer lasting colour look, try the Color Intensity semi-permanent formula: 1oz. Clear + 1/8oz. Pink + 1/8oz. Amethyst.