‘Tis the season for “hair done, nails done, everything…” (Alexa, play “Fancy” by Drake!) It’s that time of year to take your nail game to the next level and help your clients get holiday-ready.
And while the holidays seem to be #allredeverything, that doesn’t mean you want your clients “seeing red” either!
Tamara Di Lullo, an education ambassador for CND has put a modern, glam spin on three of the brand’s looks to help you elevate your nail services.
Using CND’s Night Moves, a collection of four holiday-inspired hues including metallic red Kiss of Fire, rose-gold Bellini, shimmery silver After Hours and icy pink Soiree Strut, Di Lullo’s nail looks are sure to cater to a wide range, including the fussiest of clients, and help them dress to impress!
“Night Moves is a play on the metallics that we’re seeing in fashion right now—we’re seeing a mix of metallic shades you can mix and match,” says Di Lullo. “The holidays are a time for a little more glam than the rest of the year. With Night Moves, these are colours that we can overlay on nudes or darker shades to easily create a glamourous look without too much effort.”
Add a chromatic touch to this risqué nail look by using foil and stamping.
- Apply two coats of CND Shellac in Afterhours and press in some silver foil into the sticky layer.
- Apply a thin layer of CND Shellac Top Coat and cleanse with 99% IPA.
- Stamp using CND Creative Play lacquer in Black and Forth.
- Clean and/or fix up any missing areas using a detail brush.
- Apply another coat of Shellac Top Coat to seal the design.
Slither away with this modern take on snakeskin-printed nails using a mix of metallic shades.
- Apply two coats of CND Shellac in Asphalt.
- Apply CND Shellac Matte Top Coat and wipe with 99% IPA.
- Using a detail brush, paint the design using CND Vinylux in Soiree Strut, Afterhours and Locket Love (optional). Let dry.
- Do not apply top coat for more contrast between the matte and metallic.
Combining watercolour and glitter, this nail look embodies the holidays and is sure to make your clients sparkle and shine wherever they go.
- Apply a thin coat of CND Shellac Base Coat and cure for 10 seconds.
- Apply two coats of CND Shellac in Soirée Strut, curing using 2s setting (with CND LED lamp).
- Mix CND Additives in Black with some alcohol and mix in a small dish. Apply with a small brush to create a smoky, watercolour effect on bottom 2/3rd of nail.
- Apply a thin layer of CND Shellac Clearly Pink to gently place a mix of holo-glitter and black-glitter to create a cascading look.
- Seal with CND Shellac topcoat and cure for 1 minute. Cleanse with 99% IPA.
And don’t forget: The holidays are a great time to upgrade your lacquer-polish clients to gel services. “People want to have beautiful nails for longer than they normally would. So, it’s a time to use CND Shellac because clients won’t have the time to come in as often, and their nails need to look good for a few weeks,” she says. “Plus, most clients will be coming back for their removal when it’s typically our slow season in salons [in the new year].”
Tamara Di Lullo is a Montreal-based nail artist who has worked on numerous editorial photo shoots and most recently was part of CND Design Lab’s team at NYFW (New York Fashion Week).
(Credits: Nails & Photos: Tamara Di Lullo, Candy Nail Bar, Montreal, Model: Anna Dao)
In partnership with: