All eyes were on Lady Gaga (as per usual) as she walked the red carpet of the 2019 Grammy Awards. Her look, inspired by her A Star is Born character, Ally, was created by celebrity hairstylist and her personal hairstylist, Frederic Aspiras.
Here’s how to recreate the look using Joico products:
1. Apply Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield to protect hair against mechanical and thermal damage from root to tips to damp towel-dried hair.
2. Use wide Detangling Comb to distribute product to each section. Section hair into four sections. Apply Blonde Life Brilliant Tone Violet Smoothing Foam to each section before blowout.
3. Using blow-dryer and Paddle brush, blow dry hair downwards with leaving minimal volume at root.
4. “I created two types of waves by using two different irons,” said Aspiras. “The first iron to creates wide flat “S” waves throughout. Next iron creates “curl and slide” curls throughout hair. The two textures of curls give a more natural lived in look.”
5. Spray Joico Body Shake Texturizing Finisher all over hair while shaking out waves with fingers.
6. Using blow-dryer on Cold Shot on low setting to move and open up waves more and closing up hair cuticles making hair shiny.
7. Finish style with Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil on ends oil leaving the rest of hair, giving it a more textured, lived in look.