Toni&Guy’s International Art Director Indira Schauwecker brought some edginess to London Fashion Week with her look “On Your Bike.” This dynamic cut was inspired by the shape of a biker’s helmet and was made to emulate the feelings of freedom and strength. A perfect balance of power and softness.
Here’s how she did it:
1. A radial section is taken, two curved sections on the profile are taken from the lower recession to behind the ear. A profile section is taken behind the radial, elevation and distribution is 90 degrees and cut round following the head until you get to the occipital bone. After that, drop your layers slightly to get tighter in the nape, this technique is repeated behind the radial following rounded sections.
2. The fringe length is decided taking a profile section and brought to the front.
3. The first guide is cut on its guide and cut vertically to create slight graduation at the front of the fringe area. Continuing to use this guide in the same way, create a rounded fringe in front of the radial. The guide is taken from behind and a round layer technique is applied in the front connecting the top and the fringe.
4. The profile section is divided in two diagonal back sections and the side is cut T to the parting and elevated at one-fingers depth, creating a rounded strong outline around the cheek bones. Continue to bring the rest of the hair to this line and check balance on both sides.
5. Starting on the higher part of the sections the guide of the round layer is used to soften and blend the top layer with the sides. Taking diagonal back sections and overdirect everything to the top guide and cut square.
6. Apply label.m Blow Out Spray and Sea Salt Spray before drying and personalising, with some deep point cutting, finishing with Powder to Wax.