Just because New York Fashion Week autumn/winter 2022 has come to an end, it doesn’t mean the trendy hair looks have to stop, too. Session stylist and salon owner Matthew Curtis, the lead stylist for Olivia Garden at the Flying Solo and Hardware London shows, gave us a step-by-step guide on how he achieved these runway braids.
How-to: The Sleek Single Twist Braid
- Dry hair with a blow dryer and brush hair straight back.
- Using fingers, gather hair into a ponytail directly at the back of the head and secure with an elastic.
- Using a styling brush and flat iron, smooth ponytail and make it perfectly straight.
- Separate the hair into two parts and twist into a braid securing the end with a clear elastic.
- Use a styling comb to brush through frizz or flyaways.
How-to: Multiple Twists
- Blow dry natural hair and part hair very straight down the middle.
- Brush top portion of hair to tame frizz and flyaways.
- Using a flat iron, straighten hair completely.
- Tuck hair behind the ears to keep in place.
- For hair that is super straight and below the shoulder, separate it into a few sections and begin twisting each piece securing the twists with an elastic.
Pro Tip: For hair that’s textured and shorter, go through it with a curling iron to create added waves and volume.
Comments are closed.