In its largest launch since the Moroccanoil Treatment, the haircare and styling powerhouse has unveiled its Professional Haircolor Collection, a full portfolio of permanent, demi-permanent, high-lifts, colour mixers, lighteners and developers.
Salon attended the official launch at the Moroccanoil academy in New York City on February 23, 2022.
Robert Ham, Vice President of Global Education, and Ursula Anderson, Senior Director of Global Marketing, presented the brand’s latest innovation, which is powered by Arginine + ArganID for better colour penetration and repairing and sealing the hair cuticle.
“The purpose of the innovation is to strengthen our roots as a salon-professional brand,” says Anderson. “It’s also to help increase our engagement with the hairdresser; to enter into the community and support them.”
Moroccanoil is also launching an e-learning app, Color Destination, which includes a range of educational resources, including livestreams and quizzes.
“Over the course of these [last] six years, we’ve built a structure that can support hair colour,” says Ham. “We’ve built a sales team that’s competent and understands how to sell colour, and we’ve built a massive education team.”
“No matter what happened [during the pandemic], we still persisted and kept going,” he adds. “We were still able to continue this process even during the worst of what COVID was, so we would be ready for this.”
The launch event also featured Moroccanoil Co-founder Carmen Tal, CEO Jay Elarar and Artistic Director Kevin Hughes, along with brand ambassadors, Greg Gilmore and Jessica Scott Santo, who provided a one-on-one opportunity to media and guests to experience the colour for themselves. In addition, Moroccanoil announced their newest Canadian ambassador: Lisa Dinh of Lisa Dinh Hair Studio in Toronto!
The Moroccanoil Professional Haircolor Collection includes:
Color Rhapsody Permanent Cream Color
– Available in 68 shades from rich naturals to vibrant fashion tones and offers 100 per cent grey coverage.
Color Rhapsody High Lift Permanent Cream Color
– Delivers up to five levels of lift on natural hair (level six and higher) and available in five shades ranging from warm to cool.
Color Calypso Demi-Permanent Gloss
– Available in 44 shades in a convenient, easy to use, low-commitment liquid formula. Offers up to 60 per cent coverage on white and grey hair, with unmatched shine, clarity and conditioned results.
Color Infusion Pure Color Mixer
– Available in seven shades in a gel-based formula that can be used with Color Rhapsody and Color Calypso to customize colour by intensifying, neutralizing or pastelizing the results.
Blonde Voyage Powder Lightener
– Offers up to nine levels of reliable, controlled lift. Includes BondCare + ArganID to protect and nourish hair throughout lightening process and works to strengthen and reinforce hair bonds to reduce damage and breakage.
Blonde Voyage Clay Lightener
– Offers up to eight levels of lift with an easy-to-use Kaolin clay formula featuring a creamy, spreadable consistency that offers extra precision for all freehand techniques. Includes BondCare + ArganID to protect and nourish hair throughout lightening process and works to strengthen and reinforce hair bonds to reduce damage and breakage.
Oxidative Cream Developer
– Available in 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 40 Volume. Enriched with argan oil to offer conditioning benefits and optimal colour results when used with Color Rhapsody, Color Infusion, Color Calypso and Blonde Voyage Powder and Clay Lighteners.
Color Calypso Demi-Permanent Gloss Activator
– To be used in conjunction with Color Calypso Demi-Permanent Gloss. Enriched with argan oil for conditioning and optimal colour results.
Color Stain Remover
– An effective, fast-removing yet gentle remover for unwanted stains on the skin without causing redness or irritation.
Comments are closed.