After New York Fashion Week autumn/winter 2022 came to a close last week, we’re seeing the latest fashion, hair and beauty trends taking centre stage. For the Duncan runway show, celebrity stylist Joey George teamed up with Keratin Complex’s director of education Paul Dobbert, educator Haley Estep, and the Oscar Blandi Salon team to create some inspiring hair looks.
We have the rundown on how to create these “New York cool” hair looks.
How-to: Shower Slicked Hair
- Prep the hair with a treatment spray and apply liberally throughout the hair (eg. the Keratin Complex Keratin Obsessed Multi-Benefit Treatment Spray.)
- Using an applicator brush, apply a strong hold gel from the root to the mid-lengths of the hair. Comb through hair from scalp to midshafts (eg. the Keratin Complex Strong Hold Gel).
- Apply a volumizing product, such as the Keratin Complex Volumizing Foam, on the remaining hair to activate curls.
- To lock in that sleek and flat style, apply heat to the top section of the hair by using a blow-dryer and a diffuser attachment.
- Appy a shine spray for added shine.
- Finish off the look by applying a strong hold gel to any flyaways.
How-to: The Polished High Knot
- To prep the hair, apply an anti-frizz and shine product to the hair, such as the Infusion Keratin Replenisher.
- Apply a strong hold hair gel to the hair and comb through from the scalp to the midshafts (eg. the Keratin Complex Strong Hold Gel).
- Pull hair back into a ponytail using a boar bristle brush.
- Using string, tie the ponytail back and tie it up underneath the hair.
- Put a hair net around the ponytail and wrap it in a clockwise motion into a bun.
- Lastly, sculpt the bun into a flat wrapped knot.
How-to: Airy Textured Hair
- Prep the hair with a treatment spray, such as the Keratin Obsessed Multi-Benefit Treatment Spray.
- Layer a volumizing product from roots to ends and comb through with a wide tooth comb (eg. the Keratin Complex Volumizing Foam).
- Diffuse hair to 90% dry while finger twirling, twisting and scrunching sections of the hair to encourage a natural texture.